An Historic 17th Century Burying Ground in Newbury, Massachusetts

The First Parish Burying Ground was established in 1647, shortly after the founding of the Town of Newbury in 1635. Located on High Rd (Route 1A) across from the First Parish Church of Newbury. The burying ground is the final resting place for many notable First Settler's of Newbury, many Revolutionary War-era Patriots, veteran's serving in wars up to World War II, and many other key figured in town. There is believe to be over 2,200 grave-markers and historians have estimated over 6,000 people are resting here at the burying ground.

 
 

News

Learn more about the First Parish Burying Ground and the History of it.

Learn More →

Events

Learn more about the First Parish Burying Ground and the History of it.

Learn More →

How to Help

Ready to take the next step? You can become a contributor to our cause, or participate yourself.

Learn More →

Looking for an Ancestor?

Learn more about the First Parish Burying Ground and the History of it.

Learn More →